Breaking News

Over 100 Taliban militants killed in joint action of US-Afghan forces in Afghanistan

Lashkar Gah – The United States and Afghanistan armies launched a joint attack in Ghazni, Helmand and Kandahar provinces of Afghanistan killing over 100 Taliban militants including a key Taliban commander. The US and Afghanistan took action immediately after the Taliban rejected the peace proposal. Furthermore, the counter-terrorism activity has reportedly gained momentum in the last 24 hours and the United States is said to have initiated drone strikes.

The United States and Afghanistan armies have intensified their action against the militants near the Pakistan border. As per the Afghanistan military, strong air attacks were carried out in the Helmand region on Saturday. The US drones and fighter jets launched massive assaults on Nawzad district of Helmand province. Also, Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid has informed that a high-ranking Taliban commander, Abdul Manan was killed in the US attacks. Col. Dave Butler, the spokesman for US Forces in Afghanistan, asserted that the attacks were carried out by the United States to make the Taliban realise that the peace talks were the only solution.

The United States and Afghan forces carried out massive attacks on Taliban locations in Ghazni and Kandahar provinces. The Afghan army informed that 35 Taliban militants were killed in Ghazni while 37 were killed in Kandahar province. In Ghazni province, the US fighter jets attacked the districts of Andar, Geru, Dih Yak, Qarabagh and areas around the capital Ghazni. Many Taliban bases are believed to have been destroyed in the attacks, and also when a vehicle was hit during another attack in Kandahar province. Taliban has not reacted to both of the attacks. However, the terror outfit seems to have suffered a large number of casualties in the last 24 hours.

Last month, efforts were made for the peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban when the latter expressed that it had prepared to participate in the political mainstream of the country. However, the Taliban had announced that there would be no talks with the Afghan government unless the US completely withdraws its forces from Afghanistan. It is after this disregard that the United States and Afghanistan have intensified their attacks on the terror group.

Taliban takes 40 civilians hostage

Kabul: The Taliban terrorists attacked a bus and took 40 civilians hostage in Samangan province of Afghanistan. The action was said to be in response to the Taliban laws not being followed.

According to the information published by an Afghani newspaper, on Sunday morning, the Taliban terrorists attacked and abducted the civilians in Kushk Dara area of Samangan province. A local Afghani military official said that all possible efforts would be made for the release of the 40 abductees. In a similar incident last week, the Taliban terrorists had also abducted 25 civilians.

 

हिंदी मराठी

Click below to express your thoughts and views on this news:

https://twitter.com/WW3Info
https://www.facebook.com/WW3Info